Here are some of the important information you will need to know for a Piedras Negras Trip
Pray - Please pray daily for the trip - Especially for:
1. Pray for those in Mexico who will hear your story and the story of Jesus. (Matthew 28: 19-20)
2. Pray that we will be able to meet the needs of the hungry and those who need blankets, supplies, scarves, and gloves. (Matthew 25: 35-40)
3. Pray for the pastors who serve throughout the year and who will Sheppard those we reach after we leave (Jeremiah 3:15)
4. Pray for traveling mercies for all who will be coming to serve. (Psalm 91)
Sign up for prison DEADLINE! - Each year we go to the Women's Prison to fellowship and bring a Bible program. f you would like to participate in the prison ministry we will need to know by 5pm on Monday, December 5th. If you have any questions about this ministry, you can reach out to Haley Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Encourage others to come - We can use all hands on deck and we are short a few people. People can either sign up at https://app.securegive.com/hrstruehope/hrs-true-hope/purchase/category or email us with how many people are coming. Please send your email and phone number so that we can make sure you receive future emails.
Donate a Basket - We still need baskets. The HRS True Hope website (http://www.hrstruehope.org/) has an easy and secure way for you to support a family with a basket. 100% of the donations go toward the baskets. Thank you for helping us spread the word.
Pack - Suggested packing list is as follows:
- US Passport Required to reenter USA
- Under 16 Passport recommended - birth certificate copy with a parent will work. (a photo ID such as a school ID is reccomended)
- Comfortable work clothes for each day (modest and warm - there is no heat in the main room so layering is ideal.).
- Jeans and appropriate t-shirts are OK.
- Casual dress clothes for Sunday worship
- Closed-toe shoes
- Water bottle (distinctive, marked)
- Pillow, sheet, blanket/sleeping bag
- 1 roll of toilet paper/person
- Gloves and hat (colder there than here!)
- Optional cash for the market, misc needs ($50-$100 max)
- An open heart and a willingness to do what is needed to help
Plan your arrival - Let us know when and how you will arrive and how we can help. If you have an extra seat in your vehicle or would be willing to lead a few people who are driving, please let us know.
Directions to Piedras Negras
- I-35 S thru San Antonio to exit 111 (Moore)
- Exit clearly marked as US-57 to Eagle Pass
- Hwy 57 for 95.4 miles to Eagle Pass (last town before border)
- Has H.E.B., WalMart, mall, restaurants, gas stations…
- Can cross on either “old bridge” (stay on 57), or New International Bridge
Google Maps Institute David Livingstone
- We recommend short term MX car insurance. We have used OSCAR PADILLA www.mexicanInsurance.com
- We recommend personal travel insurance.